Tuesday, July 9, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge - Day 2

Day 2 in the 15 Day Blogger Challenge hosted by April @ Good Books and Good Wine is all about bedtime reading habits. So here's the skinny...

  1. I don't actually read in bed. I can't find a position that's comfortable for me. My neck starts to hurt, my arms get tired. I sleep on my side most of the time, and I hate when my kindle tries to flip to horizontal just because I rolled over.
  2. I read on the couch before bed--or really as much of the night as I can without totally neglecting my wife and housework duties.
  3. Depending on the book I'm reading, I usually dream about whatever I was reading before bed. I'll finish the entire book in my sleep and wake up only to realize that everything I dreamed never happened and is in fact not how the book ends.

And that is all there is to my bedtime reading ritual. What about you? What's your bedtime reading habits?

10 comments:

  1. "I read on the couch before bed--or really as much of the night as I can without totally neglecting my wife and housework duties."- So thoughtful! :)

    My Reading Ritual-Book Blogging Challenge: Day 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to dream about the books! I think there are a few books I would purposefully read before sleeping just to dream about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachelia (Bookish Comforts)July 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM

    Reading in bed (like I do) can be quite the feat sometimes. Worst part is dropping your e-reader or a hardback on your face. My poor nose, haha!

    That's so neat that you dream about the books, and write your own endings and things!!

    My nighttime reading ritual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I usually dream about whatever I was reading before bed" I was just telling a few ppl about this earlier! I am reading "In the After" about an alien apocalypse & I dreamed about being stuck in an alien zombie apocalypse. The aliens were bit by zombies. I was in an arena type setting trying to escape the mutants by swinging on these ropes above the crowd & then my Chihuahua Hercules came in and saved me! lolz

    Scandalous Bedtime Reading Rituals

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, I have no control over it. I usually dream about the zombie books I'm reading. The more active the book or the more intense the emotion right before bed usually leads to my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I can't imagine getting whacked in the nose by my kindle or a hardback. Ouchies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I can't tell you how many zombie dreams I've had. But a zombie alien dream is like double time. At least you had a hero!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I often dream about what I've been reading, though the dreams don't always make sense. As for reading habits -- anywhere I can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha...my dreams hardly ever make sense either. It'll be like "I was at my Nanny's house, only it wasn't her house. I mean it was her house, but it didn't look like her house." etc...they can get downright crazy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete