Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Scarlet

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, # 2)

By: Marissa Meyer

Expected Publication: February 5th 2013 by Feiwel and Friends

464 pages

( Goodreads )

Goodreads description--Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.

Since I'm currently reading Cinder, this was the perfect choice for this week for me. So what are you waiting on this week? Let me know!

10 comments:

  1. Scarlet is SOOOOOOOO good. Even better than the first book. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I still have to read the Cinder, though. There are just so many books to read. :) Thanks for sharing and for stopping by earlier!

    Raina @ The LUV'NV

    New follower via GFC and GR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Scarlet! Soooo goooood! I hope you love it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I can't wait to read this. I hope we both love it.
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. ME TOO!! Waiting for this one since LAST FEBRUARY when I finished "Cinder"! I'm dying to read it, and feel like so many bloggers already have! So not fair!! ;)

    I've had mine preordered since the beginning of December! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEED THIS BOOK NOW. Cinder was incredible. Marissa Meyer is amazing. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I loved Cinder and can't wait to read Scarlet!
    Thanks for stopping by at my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I've had Cinder for so long now and STILL haven't read it. I know I really really should just read it already. :P

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw a lot of features of Cinder last year so I'm intrigued by this series. Looking forward to your review of book 1.

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I agree! Cinder was SO EPIC. I just know Scarlet will be too. The cover is to die for! ;)

    Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete